Using rake to publish a gem to rubygems.org
<< Pg | Index | RakeCheckManifest >>
- install rubyforge with gem install rubyforge
- rubyforge config
- rubyforge setup
- Goto the project directory and do: rake release VERSION=0.6.5.0 --trace
- to publish the docs do: rake publish_docs
- to show all rake commands: rake -T
- to post News: rubyforge post_news spreadsheet "spreadsheet 0.6.5.3 released", "Patch from Alexandre Bini"
- no <group_id> configured for: solution, also make sure that your project name in the Rakefile is correct. rubyforge --help will help as well.
- if rake publish_docs does not publish anything then just copy the files with scp -r email@example.com:/var/www/gforge-projects/projectname/
- release the gem to the rubyforge page: rubyforge add_release spreadsheet spreadsheet 0.6.5.7 pkg/spreadsheet-0.6.5.7.gem
- gem owner deoddb --add firstname.lastname@example.org
Rubyforge package_ids .rubyforge/auto-config.yml:
to download all the parameters first. The you will not need to know the IDs.
- spreadsheet: 759
- rpdf2txt: 13506
- swissmedic-diff: 13508
- spreadsheet: 678
- rpdf2txt: 9802
- swissmedic-diff: 9804